Monday, May 30, 2016

When everything goes wrong

What a fun day Wednesday was! I got the tickets bought for our next trip to Sicily, and then Ken and I took off for Gruene to dance to The Georges, our favorite band. Four hours later, we headed home; happy and tired. We slept good that night.
The next morning, I noticed a message on the answering machine. From the airline company. Our credit card had been declined! I was ready to become frantic. I had shopped hard for a good deal and a good flight; I couldn't lose those tickets! So, as I walked out the door for the gym, armed with my laptop (not sure why I tucked it under my arm) and my bags for the day, Ken said he would call the credit card company and email me the info.
When I got to the gym, I tried to open the door with my key chain, instead of the gym fob they gave me. That made me feel pretty dumb! When I got on the treadmill, I found I still had my glasses on. (At that distance, I don't need them to read my iPad.) As I ran, my sweat rag fell off the machine, onto the floor. I knew I didn't want to use it after that.
As I pulled back the shower curtain, I realized I had forgotten my towel. I was thankful for the extra Nike Dri-Fit shirt that was in my gym bag. It really does soak up really well! As I searched for the spray gel, for my hair, I remembered pulling it out at home. Hmm. The hairstyle was going to be a little wild today! Then, when I finally got out to the car, I realized I hadn't packed the black shoes I needed for my outfit. I only had the white ones. Oh well.
I arrived at the office and the boss was trying to figure out how to print on 11x17 paper from the bypass tray. Ah! That was a task I had managed before with this (free, but very) user-UNfriendly copy machine. But, I still wound up calling the help desk, after I had him email me the file. His version was very blurry. It was a good thing I had my laptop with me, with the right software to handle the little task! Done before checking my email. Yes, Ken said all was straightened out.
Then, I called the airlines and convinced them to try the credit card again, since Ken's email said the card was good, as we suspected. No known reason for the decline, except to put us into a tizzy.
As I was scrambling to eat a quick breakfast, the volunteers for the day walked in and asked how I was doing. "Great!" I said. Why not? The day could only get better, and besides, if I got crabby about the morning it wouldn't make the people around me happy. They'd just try to avoid me, probably. But, I determined that I wasn't going to let these situations get me down. It might make me forgetful, but it wouldn't get me down.
There are too many wonderful things and people around me. But, mostly, I decided that God was going to work this out.
"Can circumstances possibly change, who I forever am in You?" Nope.

No comments:

Post a Comment